When you become a member of the Mohican Visitor’s Bureau, you become part of an area-wide initiative that promotes your business. Funded by our membership and a 3% bed tax collected by local hotels, motels, B&Bs and cabins, the Bureau works to make Mohican an appealing destination for tourists, wedding and event planners.
Apply for Membership Today!
Tourism-based members are given the opportunity to include their materials in our office brochure rack and our Visitors Center brochure racks. We ask for approximately 250 brochures so visitors may pick them up or request a mailing.
Your full listing information appears on our DiscoverMohican.com website and its mobile versions. Members may be listed in the Meetings, Wedding, or Reunion sections of the website depending on the applicable markets for your business. Different markets listed on the website help your business get more exposure by targeting segments of the industry.
Members can use the “Submit an Event” feature to send us information on their visitor focused, public events. Once approved, they appear in the searchable calendar of events on DiscoverMohican.com.
Information is shared through a comprehensive social marketing presence, including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter. Don’t forget to “like” our Facebook page and we will do the same!
Members receive a free listing in the Visitor Guide and on our website, DiscoverMohican.com.
Additional discounts are available on DiscoverMohican.com ads for those placing a Visitor Guide ad.
Our Mohican Visitors Guide is produced annually with direction of the Executive Director and Visitors Bureau Board. This 48 page full-color guide is distributed in response to requests for information. The Visitors Guide is featured on our website and in addition, 150,000 guides and brochures are distributed annually by the following means:
- Call requests
- Distribution Services to 25+ AAA Offices
- Trade & Travel Shows
- Distribution Service on the Ohio Turnpike
- The Ohio State Fair
- Discover Mohican Website
- 377+ Brochure Racks in Ohio, Michigan, Indiana and Pennsylvania
- Leads from Advertising
- Lodging Availability System—Discover Mohican lodging members may take advantage of our new Book Direct software system, which allows visitors to check lodging availability and make their reservations. Lodging availability requests at the Visitors Bureau office are matched through this system, as well. $100 additional annual fee for out of area lodging facilities. Jackrabbit will add Book Direct software to your website and get you on line for free!
- Referral System—Hundreds of specific inquiries are made to the Visitors Bureau for varied services and products, via our phone line, website, walk-ins and by email. Best efforts are made to meet those requests by referring to Discover Mohican members.
- Contest/Promotions—There are opportunities to donate items and get in front of targeted audiences through social media.
- Familiarization (FAM) Tours—There will be tours given to Travel and Blog Writers to showcase the area’s offerings and generate PR.
- We will have a quarterly newsletter to our database of 9,000 addresses.